Lifestyle Crafts Policies
Commercial Use Policy
Owners of QuicKutz die cutting systems occasionally request permission to use QuicKutz designs in products to be resold in the marketplace. QuicKutz designs are protected by copyright and are owned by Lifestyle Crafts or its licensors. It is unlawful to duplicate those designs for redistribution or resale, whether electronically or by use of a QuicKutz die cutting system or electronic cutter, without Lifestyle Crafts' permission.
We are happy to permit our customers to use QuicKutz designs in certain kinds of products for redistribution or resale, subject to the following:
- You must notify us via mail or email that you will incorporate QuicKutz die cuts (or other products reflecting QuicKutz designs) into a product to be sold commercially. The notice must include contact information, including a physical address or mailing address, and a brief description (a sentence or two normally is sufficient) of the product(s) you intend to sell and how QuicKutz designs will be incorporated into those products. Please send the notice via email to email@example.com or by mail, addressed as follows: Lifestyle Crafts, attn: Customer Service, 1450 West 105 North, Orem, UT, 84057, USA.
- QuicKutz shapes, designs, and letters may not be sold on their own. When pre-cut die cuts are sold on a stand alone basis or in packages, this undercuts sales of QuicKutz dies and digital downloads which are the heart of our business. We will not have any problem with a good customer who cuts out a few shapes for friends or even sells shapes to a small number individuals who can't afford to purchase our cutting systems, but we hope our customers will respect our rights and refrain from selling die cuts online or on a regular retail basis. Such sales are unfair to Lifestyle Crafts and illegal.
- QuicKutz shapes, designs, and letters may be sold as part of a greeting card, tag, kit, custom scrapbook page, or other product if the product being sold includes significant additional creative content and/or significant embellishments or enhancements that go well beyond the QuicKutz element.
- If a QuicKutz design is a predominant element of any item in your product line, you must include a statement on that item (or on that item's packaging or an insert in that item's packaging), substantially as follows: "This product incorporates QuicKutz designs. Used by permission."
- QuicKutz shapes, designs, and letters may not be reproduced electronically or through any other means in any medium, except (i) by using a QuicKutz die cutting system to make individual cut-outs, and (ii) by including photographs of your products in advertising or marketing materials.
- You may not use QuicKutz shapes, designs, or letters in any trademark or logo. Any advertising of your line of products may not focus primarily on QuicKutz shapes, designs, and letters.
- You may not use the QuicKutz name or any QuicKutz trademarks in your advertising, packaging, or promotional materials.
Should you desire to (i) use QuicKutz shapes, designs, and letters in a manner that is different than as described above, or (ii) make QuicKutz die cuts a focus of your products, or (iii) advertise the fact that you are using QuicKutz die cuts, please let us know, as we must approve that separately.
We do not believe any third party has the right to object to your commercial use of any of our designs as described above. However, we generally sell our dies and images with the expectation that they will be for personal home use, and we do not provide any guarantees or assurances in connection with other uses. You should also be aware that the warranty and service commitment on Lifestyle Crafts products does not apply to any product that is used for commercial purposes.
We are pleased that you like QuicKutz shapes, designs, and letters. Best of luck in your business.
Submission of Ideas
The following policy applies to all ideas, suggestions, and inventions (referred to in this policy as an “Idea/Invention”) that are submitted to Lifestyle Crafts by non-employees.
We appreciate the willingness of our customers and friends to submit ideas that will expand our product offerings or make our existing products better. However, our general policy is to accept disclosures from non-employees only if there is a clear understanding of the basis on which the disclosure is made. The primary goal of this policy is to avoid any misunderstandings and to ensure that no one discloses anything to Lifestyle Crafts based upon expectations that are not mutually understood prior to the disclosure.
If you (the person submitting an Idea/Invention to Lifestyle Crafts) believe your Idea/Invention has significant commercial value or if you expect Lifestyle Crafts to compensate you for the Idea/Invention, you must obtain a written agreement signed by an authorized officer of Lifestyle Crafts before disclosing the Idea/Invention to Lifestyle Crafts. In the absence of a written agreement between you and Lifestyle Crafts that clearly supersedes or modifies this policy, the following provisions will apply:
- You must be the owner. By submitting the Idea/Invention, you represent to Lifestyle Crafts that you are the owner (or have authority to act on behalf of the owner) of the Idea/Invention, including any patents or trade secrets.
- You must not violate any duties to others. By submitting the Idea/Invention, you represent to Lifestyle Crafts that you are not disclosing any confidential or proprietary information belonging to a third party (except as an authorized agent of the third party) or violating any obligation that you may have to a third party such as an employer, former employer, or partner.
- We aren’t obligated to keep anything secret. No confidential relationship is to be established or implied by your submission of the Idea/Invention or Lifestyle Crafts’s consideration of the Idea/Invention. Lifestyle Crafts will have no obligation to maintain the secrecy of the Idea/Invention or any related information.
- We might already be working on something similar. Lifestyle Crafts will give the Idea/Invention only such consideration as Lifestyle Crafts determines to be appropriate in its sole discretion. If Lifestyle Crafts produces a product that incorporates the Idea/Invention or a similar idea or invention, there will be no presumption that the product idea was first introduced to Lifestyle Crafts by you or that Lifestyle Crafts received any benefit from your disclosure.
- We haven’t agreed to pay you. By accepting disclosure of the Idea/Invention, Lifestyle Crafts does not agree to pay you or anyone else. Lifestyle Crafts may determine that the Idea/Invention is sufficiently useful and sufficiently different from other ideas and inventions being considered or previously considered by Lifestyle Crafts to warrant compensation to you. By submitting the Idea/Invention without a prior written agreement, however, you acknowledge and accept the possibility that Lifestyle Crafts may use the Idea/Invention without paying any compensation or remuneration to you of any kind, and Lifestyle Crafts will have the unrestricted right to do so unless Lifestyle Crafts’s use of the Idea/Invention constitutes an infringement of a valid patent.